There are a huge number of individuals and companies in Yorkshire and the UK making wedding films and videos and it's important that you choose the right one for you. We know how daunting it can be trying to decide between all the videographers out there so we have put this handy guide together for you:
1. Make sure you view examples of their work. Every film maker has a different style and so you'll want to make sure that you watch several of their films to make sure that you like the wedding videos that they have made in the past. If possible don't just watch quick montage videos they have put together to music but ask them if you can watch one of their full wedding films as this will give you a much better idea of what your finished product will be like (you can see full length examples of our wedding films on our Vimeo).
2. Find out what equipment they use. In order to get the best possible wedding film it's important that your videographer is using the right equipment. Make sure they are shooting on HD cameras, ideally an interchangeable lens system like the Panasonic GH3 or the Canon 5D as this will allow them to create a beautiful, cinematic looking wedding film. They should also be using dedicated sound recorders to capture the best sound and camera rigs to add wow factor to their footage. Also, find out if they use extra lighting or if their cameras able to successfully shoot in low light without needing to add intrusive additional lighting.
3. Look for film makers who are able to shoot on more than one camera. A lot happens during a wedding day and, unless you are having a very short highlights film, your best chance to capture it is to hire a videographer who is able to supply two cameras and camera people.
4. Check the prices on their website, if they aren't available make sure you get a full quote. Wedding films take a lot of hard work and require a lot of expensive equipment and expertise to put together so be wary of anyone with very low prices. It is true what they say about getting what you pay for and as a result it is worth paying a little bit more to make sure your wedding video is the quality that you deserve.
5. Find out the price of extras. A lot of things mean extra work to wedding videographers and therefore come with an additional cost: extra copies of the wedding film on DVD, extra hours filming, online versions and added camera people can all add to the price so make sure all that you require is included in your quote.
6. What music do they use? Whilst it is tempting to choose a supplier who is happy to use your favourite song on your online wedding video it is important to know that these suppliers are breaking copyright law and leaving your wedding film susceptible to being taken down or incurring a large fine. Instead you will find it better to choose a professional who is able to source licensable music that is still beautifully composed and will be the perfect soundtrack to your film.
7. Ask your videographer what their approach is to filming wedding films. Are they reportage and discreet, or do they tend to take a more directorial approach, using interview techniques and styling in order to get the shots they want? It is your day, and you need to feel comfortable with your videographer, so find out more about how they want to work and make sure that this will fit in with your plans for the day.
8. Most important of all, make sure whoever you choose to do your wedding is someone that you will be happy to be there on your special day.
We would like to think that Silver Sixpence Films is the perfect company to film your wedding but if you are unsure, we would be very happy to discuss any questions you may have. Contact us at email@example.com