1.1 A non-refundable, non transferable booking fee of £250 is required to confirm your booking and reserve the day; this will be deducted from the final balance. The payment of the booking fee is required at the time of booking, payment will also be considered as proof of your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any remaining balance is due at the latest, two weeks before the wedding date. Preferred method of payment is by BACS transfer. Travel will be charged at 0.45p per mile return (from postcode HU14 3AJ) this will be added to your final invoice. Accommodation will be charge if it is agreed that accommodation is needed at the time of booking.
1.2 Final invoices for payment of the remaining fee will be issued 6-8 weeks before the wedding day. Invoices will be due to clear 2 weeks before the wedding day. Failure to settle the invoice will result in the videographer/s and or Photographers being unable to capture the wedding.
Religious and Civil Ceremonies
2.1 Virtually all religious, and non-religious, buildings allow the filming and photography of the marriage ceremony, however it is the responsibility of the Client to gain permission from the person leading the ceremony, and be aware of any restrictions, charges or conditions that they may impose, including permission from the choir, organist, and other musicians and to pay any fees charges by them. It is the responsibility of the Client to make Silver Sixpence Film and Photo aware of any photography, filming or audio recording restrictions on booking.
2.2 Silver Sixpence Film and Photo will film and photograph the marriage service as permitted, from a suitable position, as allowed by the person leading the ceremony. The area in which the videographer/ photographer is situated may not be the preferred choice, but that deemed by the person leading the ceremony, and so we cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed views should this be the case.
2.3 If possible please ensure that the building the ceremony will be held in is open at least one and a half hours before the start of the ceremony in order for us to take some internal establishing shots.
2.4 For unedited ceremony footage as per the Platinum and Diamond package “Capturing the ceremony” will begin from the Bridal party entrance to the signing (but not inclusive) of the register.
3.1 To ensure that the camera does not record any undesirable or unwanted sounds during the vows or speeches, for example a noisy room, air conditioning systems, extractor fans etc. Whenever possible please ask the venue to briefly turn these off to ensure crystal clear sound recordings. Where possible and in agreement with the Client, a small portable sound recording device will be fitted on the Client, and those conducting speeches, and / or in a nearby place to record sound. If the Client does not want to wear the recording device, Silver Sixpence Film and Photo will not be held responsible for poor sound quality.
3.2 Unless asked prior to the wedding day, and permissions are obtained by the Client, we do not record live music and Hymns during the wedding day. This is due to music licensing issues.
4.1 When in agreement that filming or photography will cover the first dance, please ensure that the first dance takes place before 8.30pm. In the event of the first dance taking place later than 8.30 pm, coverage will be at the discretion of Silver Sixpence Film and Photo and £150 per extra hour will be charged and the Client will be invoiced following the wedding day. If evening coverage beyond the first dance has been agreed in advance (as in the Platinum or Diamond package), filming will finish at 30 minutes after the first dance has taken place, unless otherwise agreed.
5.1 All music used for wedding films has to be licensed. Music is sourced from websites specifically created to sell copyrighted music. We purchase licenses that are suitable for each film or slideshow that is for use online and as a video file for USB transfer. We are happy to discuss music choices with you in advance of filming taking place.
5.2 In the event that the Client does not obtain written permission, we are unable to record or licence any live music including Hymns due to copyright limitations. Any fees for licensing of live, recorded music shall be covered and paid for by the Client.
Editing, Photography and Filming Decisions Shall Be Deemed Correct
6.1 Although we will use every reasonable effort to capture significant parts of your wedding day as outlined in your package option, the decision as to what is comprised in the recording / and or photography, and the style in which it is captured and edited is in our absolute discretion. We can give no assurance that we will successfully capture any particular aspect of the wedding day and any failure by us to capture any particular aspect of the wedding day does not give the Client right to obtain a refund or to re editing of the finished film or photos.
6.2. Editing your wedding is an extremely time consuming exercise, a typical wedding day film will take up to 10 days to edit and photography can take up to 5 days. All editing is done alone by us. Please feel free to discuss any special ideas or wishes for filming or editing at the pre-wedding meeting/ call. Any alterations other than for obvious mistakes i.e.spelling mistakes, will be chargeable at £30 per hour.
6.3 Copies of the film and photographs will be available for six months after the date of the wedding. After this time all footage and images may be wiped from our systems.
6.4 Your finished film and photos will normally be ready up to 10 – 12 weeks following the wedding day. In busy periods, this can take up to 20 weeks for final delivery.
7.1 We may display or show the finished film or still images for the purpose of demonstration viewing, promotion and advertising. Edited footage may be shown on the Silver Sixpence Film & Photo website and social media sites. This may only be waived if specifically requested.
Edward Hall is the Data Controller under the Act, which means that he determines what purposes personal information held will be used for.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
· Information that you provide by arranging any photoshoot or event at which one of our photographers or videographers will be present, attendance at a pre-event consultation with us about your photoshoot or event, or information about the people to be included in a photoshoot or event. This includes information provided at the time of commissioning us to undertake a photoshoot or event, subsequent information submitted to us through the process of arranging the photoshoot or event or requesting further information from us about your photoshoot or event.
· Specifically, personal details such as name, location, email address and any other information submitted by you when arranging a photoshoot or event through the Silver Sixpence Film and Photo website or otherwise making use of any functionality of the website.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If your personal details change you may update them by contacting us and informing us of the update. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from the Silver Sixpence Film and Photo website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from the Terms and Conditions entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
· To notify you about changes to our website.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information to notify you about services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data OR if the contact relates to services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· Any third party photographers or service providers we engage for the performance of the Terms and Conditions we enter into with you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
· To protect the rights, property, or safety of Silver Sixpence Film and Photo, the website, our users and any third party we interact with.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you
8.1 Any complaints should be raised by the client with Silver Sixpence Films and Photo in writing, within 14 days of first becoming aware of the matter to be complained of and in any event within 14 days of receipt of the final product.
“Force Majeure” or Act of God
9.1 The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control. This includes weather conditions and travel delays including, but not limited to, flights, trains and road closures.
Limitation of Liability
10.1 Silver Sixpence Film and Photo will take enormous care to ensure the capture of your wedding. In the extremely unlikely event of total or partial footage, photo and / or audio failure, where it is the fault of Silver Sixpence Film and Photo, or due to technical problems, or exceptional unforeseen circumstances or cancellation of this contract by either party for any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss. In the event of a part of the event not being filmed or photographed we will in that case return a fair proportion of the price. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to capture significant parts of the event we cannot guarantee to capture any particular aspect of the event.
10.2 In the event that Silver Sixpence Film & Photo are unable to attend and capture your wedding day, all reasonable efforts will be made to find suitable cover and /or an alternate company to capture your wedding day. In the event of suitable cover being provided to cover the services of Silver Sixpence Film & Photo the Client will not be entitled for refund or return of partial value of the contract. In the event that cover can not be arranged, the Client will be entitled to the agreed fee, less the £250 booking fee.
10.3 Please note that filming and photographing outside may be restricted in the event of heavy rain or other undesirable weather elements
10.4 If you cancel this booking the booking fee of £250 is strictly non refundable. You may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Silver Sixpence Film and Photo but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid so far unless within the 14 day cooling off period which commences from the date the booking has been accepted by Silver Sixpence Film and Photo.
If you cancel this booking:
(1) More than 60 clear days before the date of the event then the booking fee will be forfeited, but no further sum is payable by you;
(2) Within 60 clear days of the date of the event a sum amounting to 50 per cent of the package price is payable by you;
(3) Within 30 clear days of the date of the event a sum amounting to 95 per cent of the package price is payable by you.
Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing via email.
Food and Refreshments
11.1 We would ask that food and soft drinks are provided for the videographers and photographers working on the wedding day. This is especially important when the venue is secluded and no other reasonable means can be taken to obtain food and refreshments.